Thursday, November 1, 2007

# 20 - YouTube

I went to YouTube and conducted a few searches. I was amazed at the variety of videos on this site. I searched on the term, "library", and found interest items, like "Japanese Silent Library" and "Betty Glover Library Workout Tape Ad" -- neither being exactly educational but interesting, none-the-less.

However, I can see definite applications for the library. For instance, there were several videos on how to use a self-check terminal. I can think of any number of topics for which a video would be beneficial to patrons or staff. In fact, the vendor of the book cover machine that we are using in Technical Services uses videos on their web site to help to train their customers how to use their equipment (http://www.colibriusa.com/documentation_colibri_videos_video.php?vid=3.wmv&section=Covering%20a%20Soft%20Cover%20Book).

Of the many videos that I looked at on YouTube, it was difficult to pick only one to put on my blog. However, after much thought and careful consideration of the potential educational value of my select, I eventually chose "Achmed, the dead terrorist".

No comments: